Sunday, August 22, 2010

Remembering what is important

Sometimes late in the season I cringe at the thought of going to work. It is Hot. The river is full of weeds that impede every cast and make fishing difficult, especially for novices. My patience is lower than in June or July, and honestly, the fishing isn't as good. I find all these reasons to complain about what I have to do, while I think about things I would rather do. I think everyone does that, a little? Then as I look around me, I remember... I am a fishing guide! I don't have that important of a job. It is not as though I am saving lives. I take people fishing and try to show them a good time. If there were no fishing guides, life would continue without a mis-step.

Sometimes we need to take a look at our lives from the outside, and realize what we need to be thankful for. I thank God for what I have... I apologize to him for complaining. I hope I never do it agian.

I am thankful to be working, I know many others who are not as fortunate right now.

I am thankful to live where I do.

I am thankful for what I am able to do for a job.

I am thankful for my family.

I am thankful for my friends.

I am thankful for the people I meet in this world, I try to take away something from each of them.

I am thankful for my parents and who they raised me to be.

I am thankful for those I don't like, they remind me who I don't want to be.

I am most thankful for my Wife, Lena. She is everything to me. She inspires me to work hard and give more of myself to others. She leads by wonderful example. She is not a morning person, but she gets up every day of the week to go into work early. She volunteers at our church. She helps her Grandmother, and spends time with her. She loves me, she trusts me, she lets me be myself.

I am a very lucky man.

I hope that I can be strong enough not to ever complain about what I do for a living agian.

I have soo much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment