Thursday, October 7, 2010

Here today, gone tomorrow.

My neighbor Rob passed away this morning around 11 o'clock. I was outside getting ready to leave when the paramedics arrived. I knew it wasn't good when they took the defibrillator inside. I heard a woman crying and knew it was Rob. About an hour later I found out that he had passed away.
Rob was a very nice man, and I'm not saying that just because he passed on. Rob was quiet, and industrius, always outside working on something. Rob took great care of his own yard, and the street around him. His truck and motor cycle were always clean and sparkling too. For years Rob mowed his neighbors lawn, because they could not.
This morning Rob was out riding his motor cycle, and passed away shortly after he returned home. I'm glad he got one last ride on a beautiful fall morning. Not a bad way to go. My heart breaks for his wife.
Sometimes I forget just how fragile life is, and how much I value everyday I get to spend among my friends and family. I need to thank God for everymorning I can wake up and kiss my beautiful wife. Life is truly a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment