Thursday, February 3, 2011

Why I live.

I think that if I am alive for one reason at all, besides to humor God, it is because of my wife, Lena. She is my favorite person in the world, even when she is pissed off at me.
I used to think that I was here for something special, like some kind of major event that would change the world. Now I don't know about that. I think I am more like Lt. Dan than Forest Gump. I am just another soul in the cosmos that may come into the life of someone great.
I think I already have.
I love young people, and I love being a part of their journey. Part of growing up is realizing that we probably won't become millionaires or rock stars, but just ordinary people. Settling into that reality is the hardest part of growing up, but also the most fulfilling.
I think all that life is about is finding that "one thing", like Jack Palance tells Billy Crystal in "City Slickers".
I think I have found mine.

1 comment:

  1. how sweet is that? i hope Lena reads this :)

    i'm doing something wrong - trav only tolerates me :)

    ReplyDelete