Friday, April 30, 2010

The comfort of dreams

All I ever wanted to be growing up was a Cowboy. I dreamt about it constantly, still do. I realized early on that some dreams are for kids, and some dreams are special. These Special dreams are not just for us alone. These are not the dreams of being a professional athelete, fireman, or even a buckaroo. These are the kind of dreams we share with someone else, that give us purpose to get out of bed every morning and pull on our boots. I've chewed on some of my childhood dreams, and savored every taste. I've rode for my money, and roped for short pay. I loved dang near every minute of it, but there was always something missing. Something bigger than just me. Dreams are only half as good if we don't have some one to share them with. My dreams are different now. Don't get me wrong, I still dream about trailing cows across fenceless ranges, and riding down buffalo. But, those dreams are just to keep me young. Now I dream about building a good life, and a family with my wife. We dream about things together, what we want and even what we think we might want.
I think about that when I don't want to get out of bed and put my boots on.

No comments:

Post a Comment