Saturday, July 24, 2010

Lucky Lena

My dear, sweet wife maybe one of the luckiest people I know. She drew the tag of a lifetime this year. She drew a bull elk tag in the Bear Paw Mountains, one of only 30 rifle tags given out every year to over a thousand applicants. 3% chance of success = Lena's first try. I can't believe it. She also drew a Cow tag for a different area, and an antelope tag. The later ones don't really matter, because the bull tag is the main priority. I am going to get her a new scope for her gun, and take her shooting often to prepare. I am so excited for her, and a little bit jealous. Actually I was jealous at the beginning, but now I am just really excited. I get much more excitement from guiding others to success than my own personal hunting, especially when it comes to my wife. Lena's first Elk might just be a monster.

1 comment:

  1. ok, you know I know nothing about this stuff - what happens if she doesn't fill it? does she get another shot or is this it? or is that a dumb question because you will see to it that she is successful?
    either way, congrats to Lena!

    ReplyDelete