Monday, July 5, 2010

People are people

Some we like, others we don't, and some we just don't get a feeling either way for. I meet all varieties in my lines of work. From struggling working class, to extremely privilaged white collar folks. Some I like, some I don't. I try to learn something from all of them. What to do, or not to do. How to treat other people, or how not to. The most surprising thing of all is none of them are predictable. You think you know something about someone because of where they come from, then you get to secretly feel the slam of assumption coming back in your face after a good conversation. Only you have to know that you thought something you shouldn't have. I feel like God keeps me guessing about life and people so I won't get comfortable and forget the basics, like the golden rule. One of my clients said it best last year, "I love people, I just hate the general public." Much of the time I feel the same way, but it is because we let little things become something they aren't. Pulling out in front of someone else is not personal. Try to let it slide next time, especially when you do it to some one else. One thing I am constantly reminded of in life, is that people are people. Never let your mind get to far from the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment