Sunday, July 11, 2010

The summer never lasts.

I am always blown away at the surprising speed the summer sun seems to transcend the sky. It seems like it was just winter a couple days ago? All my big events are coming and going quickly. You wait what seems like forever, and then its already over. Summer to me means:
Great memories with my wife.
Visits from lots of good friends.
Lots and lots of work.
Humming air conditioner.
Going to bed when it is still light outside.
Rodeos.
Sun tan, even though I don't really want one.
Mowing and watering.
Fire in the back yard.
Wine on the patio.
Broken cell phones. Again and again.
Lots of driving.
Copenhagen.
Freak storms.
Big fish.
Fresh perch and walleye.
More time in a boat than a sailor.
Carpel tunnel.
Sunrise and coffee.
Early mornings on the vise.
Soon enough, Hunting Season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No comments:

Post a Comment