Monday, January 3, 2011

Best day of 2010

I haven't been together with my brothers and their families for almost two years. I never realized how long that can really be, I know people who have been to prison and back sooner. Kids grow up so fast, everything seems to change on the surface, but not everything changes.
I got to ring in the new year with my family for the first time in a long time, I can't even remember the last time. I really enjoyed seeing my Mom and Dad, Brothers and Sisters(outlaws), and their kids. My aunt Laurie was with us too. It was hectic, and sometimes dramatic, but a lot of fun.
We went out to my grandmother's old house and enjoyed the frigid air and snow. We built a bon-fire and made a sledding course with the 4-wheeler. I got it stuck once.
Everyone had a good time, but not everyone made it to the fireworks. Some of us were partied out. I made it, but paid the price.
I tried to remember my best day in 2010, and it was very difficult. It really reminded me of how much I have to be thankful for.
Lots of moments flash through my mind, from my first anniversary with my wife, to Mexico with my best buddy. I remember great days on the river, or watching my parents dog learn to hunt. Reuniting with my pals, and watching my wife shoot her first bull elk. There is too much to even list. I know that the good times definitely out weigh the bad.
I will say that seeing all the kids was very special, even though being stuck with all those people in the house was not easy for me. I have a difficult time being indoors, especially around a lot of people. I feel like a caged animal, but I managed to survive.
The Kids:
Hudson. "uh-huhhh" How you answer everything that doesn't require a no.
Hannah. "I just... I just don't know." She wasn't sure if Bry and the kids could borrow her movie, even though her dad said yes.
Lilah. "Thats the second "F" word." I missed the education of the younger kids in the basement. They were learning how to spell all the bad words. Sadly I missed most of it, I think I could have learned something new.
Collin. Has a new evil laugh. Don't know how to write it out.
Parker. Making Yellow snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment