Sunday, January 30, 2011

Finding bottom.

I'm not talking about a euphemism for your butt, nor am I talking about waking up with your head in a urinal. I am talking about guts, and heart.
There are a lot of people who don't have any bottom.
Too many people don't have the guts to deal with things when they become really tough. They don't have enough heart to keep pushing when they run into a wall. They quit. They curl up and cry. They hide and make excuses for why they fail.
I see it more and more every year. It is a product of enabling and babying.
No one will get very far with out the guts to fight. It is impossible to live freely and happily with out grit. Sometimes you need to bear your teeth and clench your fists.
Bottom is the fight in us that comes from the deepest part of our guts and heart. It is the last bit of strength to pull us through the toughest of times.

I wish I could teach kids what this is. I believe it is one of the most important parts to a happy and healthy life.
Right now I am not convinced that I can teach it.

No comments:

Post a Comment