Saturday, April 2, 2011

Big decisions

About a month ago I decided to take a job working for a ranch outside of Helena. It's not totally full time, because I can continue to guide, but it will keep me busy through the slow months. It is going to keep me really busy through the busy months. It doesn't pay a lot, but it is a good job, and free housing if we chose to move out there. We are considering it, only for a little while though. Today, I got a whole other kind of job offer that really took me by surprise. A hunting client that I have gotten to know over the past two seasons called me and asked if I wanted to move to Nashville, TN and work for him. It is a national sales manager position for an outdoor/sporting goods company. It requires me to travel, and move to Nashville. It also pays very well. Money is not everything, nor does it have that much pull over me, but it is a little enticing. I am wondering if I could ever leave the Rockies? Lena and I are both open to new opportunities, and new experiences. I know I wouldn't want to leave Montana for more than a couple of years, if ever. This is not an easy thing to decide.

2 comments:

  1. Josh says he wants the job! We can move to Nashville as soon as we get home from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll put in a good word for him. It pays well and he would be a good fit.

    ReplyDelete