Thursday, June 24, 2010

At home alone

I'm home alone, at least for a little while. I am sitting in the quiet, cool air-conditioned house. I miss my wife right now, and can't wait for my family to get here. I am anxious to say the least. Bryan, Terra Jean, PK, Lilah, and Collin are coming to visit. I don't get to see them enough, and wish it could be longer than it is going to be. I am also missing precious days guiding on the river right now. I don't care though, I know what is most important, and besides I never really liked working anyway (wink).
It is already the end of June, and I feel like summer hasn't even really begun yet. My flowers are blooming and peppers, strawberries, and tomatoes are doing well. I think the heat is coming soon. It won't be long and the dog days will be upon us.
I always miss my buddies most in the summer. I think about all the fun we would have when school was out, it seemed like we never slept. Fishing, floating, golfing, bbq's, concerts, and nights on the town kept us very occupied when work didn't.
I'm going to the store to get stuff for smores for Terra and the kids. I can't stop thinking about how fortunate I am. Summers in Montana remind us why we put up with the long winters.

No comments:

Post a Comment