Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Smith Season

Once again I am headed out for the Smith Season, (five day float trips on the Smith river which run from June through mid July.) I don't like leaving my wife for that long, but I do love to work on the Smith. It seems as if I blink and the summer is almost over, although it is just barely starting here. I can't seem to understand that when the days are the longest with sunlight, they go by so fast. Right now I am looking at the beautiful red geranium blooming outside on our porch. It is thoroughly enjoying the rain soaked soil and the bright early morning sun coming from the east. It is one of the small things that makes me thankful. Soon I will be off the river, then back on, then off. Lena will be gone to a wedding and my family will be here. I can't wait for them to come, but I am really going to miss Lena. To say it mildly, you may not hear much from me for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment