Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer?

It certainly could be here, but I don't know. I wake up in the morning to smell the cool moist air, and all the aromas that blooming plants and flowers bring. I love that it gets light around five here now, and it doesn't get dark until around ten. I don't even know where to start my days right now. It seems like there is entirely too much to do, and not enough time to do it in. I have friends and family I want to talk to or hang out with, things I want to do with my wife, work I have to do, work I need to do, and some I can't ever seem to get to. Life is hard to organize, and when we do organize it, it looses its luster. I am ever grateful for all that I have, and all the things that I can't get to. I would way rather it be this way than the opposite. The summers make me miss so many people and places, who are as drawn in to their own lives as I am now. It makes me miss back when I lived paycheck to paycheck, and had the freedom to go see who I wanted when I wanted with no fear of any reprecussions. On the other hand, when I lay down to sleep, in a bed, next to my beautiful wife, maybe I don't miss it so much. Maybe I just miss the thought of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment