Wednesday, March 2, 2011

King

Sometimes I like to go back in my mind. Back to late summer nights with my brothers, playing wiffle ball in the backyard or fishing down at the creek. We were legends in the making, great stars on the rise. Kings for the moment.
Sometimes I think about a girl from my past. Some I knew, and others I never got to know. I remember brief passing smiles, or a look from bright vibrant eyes that made my pulse quicken and my palms sweat. Half terrified. King for that moment.
Sometimes I am on the back patio with my best friends in college. Exploring the finer points of youth and freedom next to the fire. Living life without consequences, rouges on the verge of greatness. Kings for the moment.
Sometimes I am back on some lost highway by myself, watching the sunset paint the landscape as I pass on through like a tumbleweed. All I needed was some fuel money and good music. King for the moment.
Sometimes I am with Lena, high on the contenental divide engulfed in a moment forever shared only between the two of us. King for the moment.
My mind drifts through good times like a fallen leaf. Our lives cut through stone like the wind and the rain, shaping them with our memories. The wind moves along out of sight and out of mind, but memories remain. We can always go back for a moment, when we were highest. King of the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Made me think about my "King" moments and what my stone looks like after its been shaped by my memories. What a cool post. --- Bry

    ReplyDelete