Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring????

I'm not sure if spring is finally coming or not... It feels familiar, but I don't trust Montana weather. I have been fooled many times before.
The sun is shining and the snow is melting, thanks to the high winds. Those are all familiar signs.
Perhaps the most telling one is the mud. Spring in our part of the country means mud. Mud everywhere. On your shoes to your shirt sleeves. On the inside and outside of your vehicle, and your house. It shows up on your floors, and sometimes even your furniture.
The thawing ground goes from hard as concrete, to slimy, sticky, sloppy mud.
I have decided I like mud in spite of the mess. Not because of the mud, of course, but because of what follows after the mud...
Warm weather, green grass, bright sun, and life on all fronts.
Bring on the mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment