Sunday, February 21, 2010

Keep the gloves up

I am so sick of commercials these days. What happened to selling your product based on it's attributes? I feel like most of the commercials now rag on their competitor, like a petty political commercial. Not only does it make me want want to turn the channel, it makes me want to buy the competitor's product. It makes me think back to the summer of 2006, when Conrad Burns and John Tester were running for senate. All they did was bash each other publicly, in a childish "my dad can beat up your dad, and your mom's a crack whore" way. I couldn't listen to the radio, and luckily I couldn't vote for either one of the morons. A wise man once told me, " You will never make yourself look better by tearing down someone else." I wish these advertising firms agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment