Monday, January 18, 2010

Time on the move

Tomorrow I will be 27 years old. It doesn't sound right, but it is because I did the math a few times already to make sure. It seems like I was twenty one just a couple years ago... Holy cats. I remember when I turned twenty one. I was cutting weight at the rec. center at BSU. I was running on the treadmill in the morning before practice, and after. I weighed about 205 and had two days before I had to make weight in Havre, Mt at 184lbs. All I wanted to do, was anything but make weight and wrestle. I wanted to be like all my buddies and party on my birthday. It didn't happen, instead I made myself miserable by not doing a better job of controlling my weight. I was having a hard time with it anyway, but my immaturity was compounding the issue. I wasted a season like that. I had a lot of losses I shouldn't of had, including my match up in Havre. I dwelled on cutting weight, instead of being a man and owning up to the decision I had made. I lost sight of what was really important, getting better. Instead of celebrating some great victories, I threw myself a pity party. I Thank God that I was able to overcome that back step in my life. I learned a life lesson, and took a step forward. It didn't seem that long ago when I started writing this, but looking back it feels like I have aged tremendously from who I was back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment