Friday, March 26, 2010

Awesome

I got a recipe from a friend that I put to good use last night. I took one of the tenderloins from the elk I got this year and cut it into thin strips lenght wise, (you want them wide and thin). Then I seasoned them with Garlic and some Van's Grilling Baste. Any kind of rub or marinade you prefer will work. Then I spread a good layer of cream cheese over the tops of the fillets. Next take some pickled jalepenos and chop them into medium sized chunks and spread them over the cream cheese. Roll the fillets up with the cream cheese and jalepenos in the middle, and wrap the outside with a peice of bacon. Use tooth picks to hold it all together. Throw them on the bbq and get ready for a party. Remember that we are at the top of the food chain for a reason, so enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. perfect! trav and i have a bday party to go to tomorrow night and i'm supposed to bring a dish -- this will be it! sounds delish. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of recipes... I made a great big batch of my venison chili earlier this week. PK asked how come casey didn't send us any more of the elk sausage i put in the last time? I guess there is no pleasing that little crapper. --Bry

    ReplyDelete